Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cancer Warriors

I've belonged to the blogging world for just a short time now. It's an amazing world. A world where you learn that we are all so very connected to each other.

Its been my privilege to visit the blog of "Star of the sea breezes" @ blogspot. Tom a young man whose wife Alison is dealing with stage IV Neuroendocrine cancer. As of yesterday, her body is failing her. She is not doing well. Each time I visit this blog I am inspired by this young couple, their love for God and each other. They need our prayers...desperately.

Recently I have visited the blog of "Ceder chest of dreams" @ blogspot. She too is under going chemo therapy for cancer.Her family had had to cope with struggles, illness and grief. They too need our prayers.

In July, I had a fellow blogger on a political site that died from cancer. She actually had her daughter post her passing. I cried the morning I learned of it. It was as if I had always known her.

It was 20 years ago, but it seems like yesterday I got the awful news of cancer. There is no way to describe how you feel when you are told that. I thought I would die...many days I felt like I would. I feel guilty sometimes that God let me live, because so many do not. I am thankful though for everyday and every breath I take.

I wish I had answers...why some live and some die...why do bad things happen to good peopl...why some have to suffer so in this life more that others.

Our bible tells us that since the fall of man in the garden of eden we would have great problem and struggles while here. As christians we can know that, but often we still ask....why.

So this morning my thoughts and prayers are with those who are fighting for their dear lives.

The Cancer Warriors.

Blessings, peace & all that is good,
Memaw

1 comment:

Robbin said...

Thank you so much. You are an inspiration for me for sure and thanks for visiting my blog and for sharing your story with me. Come back any time. I'm putting you on my bloglist and catch up on you.