Friday, December 26, 2008

Final Thoughts On Christmas 2008

Well it's all over. Christmas that is. Some will breath a great sigh of relief. Some will be sad, some, will start counting down the days till next year. In my own situation, I would have loved for it to last forever. You know how you can capture a certain moment in time when everyone is together, laughing, having fun and just enjoying each others company. That is the moment I wish could go on and on. But...reality sets in, there are jobs and responsibilities to get back to, schools to go to, etc. I find myself thankful though, for the moments shared.

I can't tell you how many times this Christmas season I have heard the expression, "I hate Christmas". It pains me each time I hear it. Now, I know most people that say this don't really mean they hate Christmas, they are usually referring to some aspect of the Christmas season that is unpleasant to them.

A co-worker that I work with lost her brother in a motor vehicle accident when he was a teenager and she has dreaded the season ever since, even though it was over 30 years ago.Some dislike visiting and being with family, for whatever the reason. Some dislike the whole gift thing. Many dislike the fact that they can't re create past Christmases. For those that have lost love ones, I truly understand. My own mother died on December 23rd, but life must go on for those that remain.

Personally, for me, I love Christmas. I love seeing and being with my family. I love sharing gifts, fellowshipping, and being with my love ones and...well...that's all I got to say about that.

Around mid-night last night, I was catching up on some blog reading and came across a December 23rd post on Sarge Charlie's blog. It seems Sarge was being asked by his diet teacher to give up Krispy Kreme donuts, and he said, and I quote, "I kept mentioning donuts and she told me I could not have any Krispy Kremes and I told her the only way she will get donuts away from me is to pry them out of my cold, dead, glazed, fingers........"


Well, here, alone, with just me, my computer, and the Lord...I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. I could not stop! I feel the same way about Krispy Kremes! I kept seeing Charleston Heston holding up this Krispy Kreme donut over his head, saying this...and oh my!...how funny! For any of you that like a good political discussion or debate, I recommend visiting his blog. On some occassions, I may not agree with Sarge, but he always makes me smile.

Thanks Sarge for giving me my last laugh on Christmas Day 2008!

Blessings to all of you, peace & goodwill!

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

he is a funny boy sometimes...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxooxxoox

Sarge Charlie said...

you made me smile

Susan said...

So happy for you and yours for your wonderful Christmas. Ours was so very wonderful and fun, too. I LOVE Christmas...always have!!!
Susan

Brenda said...

That was hilarious, about the Krispie Kreme's. Unfortunately they went out of business here in AZ, and they were my favorite.
I know what you mean about the variety of feelings people experience at Christmas. And I don't know what it is about this year, but I'm actually ready to take the tree down and get on with life.

Barbara said...

That Krispie Creme comment was funny. Fortunately I can only get them at a Mall some way away.
Glad you had a great time with family.

Barbara said...

Forgot to say that the curly shrub is a Corkscrew Hazel.

Anonymous said...

What is it with us and doughnuts? love ya

Kanani said...

Hi! I'm glad you enjoyed Christmas with your family. It really sounds like you had a full house, which is just great. I saw Sarge's Krispey Kreme comments to and was laughing but then I just got all mad. I've been craving donuts ever since then, and each time I do, just have to count to 5 not to get into the car and go get one!