Friday, February 13, 2009

There Were Two



THERE WERE TWO

There were two
Him and her
Waiting for their future to occur

Suddenly there were one and two
And after awhile there were three that joined them
And their joy was plain for all to see

The daughter sang
And the sons played ball
Winter, spring, summer and fall

And God was great, and God was good
As the the years passed by
And together they stood

Blessings upon blessings
Grace upon graces
And there were added
Many more faces

Till again there were two
Him and her
Waiting, waiting, for their future to occur.


I wrote that poem a few years back as I was beginning to experience the empty nest, when the Lord revealed to me "my nest" was nowhere near empty.

On this valentines day, I continue to be amazed how God brought two people together, from very flawed and broken homes, and created such beauty. (Be sure and view previous post).

We were children when we met, I was 14 and he was sixteen. We were told we would never last...did not have a chance...not a prayer...

...but I guess they were wrong! Forty-two years wrong LOl!




Happy Love Day to my dear sweet husband, family and blogger friends!

Blessings of peace and all that is good.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely post. Enjoyed the old picture!!! Many more happy years as you continue to grow and build the heritage the Lord had in mind for you from the beginning.
Susan

Brenda said...

What a beautiful poem. So thankful for miracles. When we trust in Him, it doesn't matter what other say or think does it!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh how sweet!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Sita said...

A beautiful tribute. Thank you for dropping by and leaving me a drip of kindness. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I love that poem. it's beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen more love in a marriage. Got any tips for the future? :)
Love you MeMaw.

Kanani said...

Ahhh.... and blessing to both of you! A beautiful poem and wonderful reflections by you. I wonder if any of those who said it would never last are around to see you now?


Oh.. about the traveling nursing. I have 2 friends who do it. They get paid very well, and both are given cars. One does pic lines (which is crazy because she gets called all sorts of hours) and the other is a hospice nurse. They both like it a lot!

j said...

The poem was so good! Love the first pic.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely my most favorite post!! love ya