Friday, July 10, 2009

Crooked Paths

I don't know about you, but I've been on a few
crooked paths lately.
Right when I think that I've gotten it all figured out
I find the path starts to twist and turn on me.
Mild disorientation descends at such times...
until I get my bearings
and continue.


*Getting my bearings = consulting the book of directions. "The Book" that is.
The only book I know that has any answers.

I am reminded of this wonderful scripture:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not unto your own understanding
in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight.




Hope all of you have a wonderful and safe weekend.

Watch out for those turns in the road!

~~~~~~~~Blessings of peace and all that is good ~~~~~~~~~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never know what to expect from those twists and turns! I'm right there with ya! Prayers for you and Mr. Wallace.

Susan said...

AMEN AMEN May we stay with our ours fixed on HIM and not fall into a ditch on either side.
Susan

Andrea said...

Wondeful thoughts. We awake in the morning, often with thoughts of our day. We think we have it all figured out until something happens to remind us that we're not the ones in charge.

A great post! May your weekend be blessed and full of joy!

Andrea

j said...

The visuals for this post were awesome. An excellent post.

Tiz said...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." - one of my favorite scriptures.

Truly, by His Grace, He will make our paths straight. He will even give us the Grace to walk the winding pathway if need be for a season.

Maxine said...

Amen! Neat devotional. Loved the photos. Thanks for the needed reminder.

Kanani said...

Oh, the path called life is full of turns. Hope you and yours are fine. (Great devotional, great photo!)

Kitty said...

wow, that top photo is really something.

Twists and turns are so tough to deal with. And we all walk a delicate path. When things become too routine, we become bored and uninspired. But when events are out of the blue, it's unnerving.

I don't think life comes easily to anyone, though some people manage to make it look easy!

Amrita said...

This is the way life turns out. But the Lord is our Shepherd. He leads us on