Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Out of Towners vs The Storm Chasers vs Happy Anniversary Bub & Jen?











It was suppose to be an anniversary trip celebrating 18 years of wedded bliss.

THE PLAN: Fly to Richmond, Va. Stay in very nice hotel. Spend a whole lot of money on a special race package. See cars race very fast on Friday night and on Saturday night. Fly home on Sunday. Monday back to work and all is well.

That's how is goes in a perfect world.

THE REALITY: Fly to Richmond Va. on Friday. Go to race track. Race cancelled till Sunday. Hurricane Hannah is on the way. But wait...didn't we just leave Gustav back at home? Wait...my flight tickets say to fly home on Sunday. I'm so confused here. I have to work Monday, not be flying home. No you cannot have your money back on that race package. No you cannot have your money back on the airline tickets.

THE WISH: Happy Anniversary guys. So sorry your week-end is falling apart. God Bless... hope you all make it back ok.

I guess you guys can cross off Richmond and New Orleans as future anniversary destinations.

...and He sendeth rain on the just and unjust.(Matthew 5:45)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, we made it! I plan to devote an entire blog to our trip, but the reality is too fresh.. out of blog out of mind.. hee hee net lingo. On my laptop, in my bed. Are you jealous? You should be. I love it! Happy early Birthday to me. Bubba said that he had to "trick" me to get the laptop. He said it would make our trip go by faster. Hated to wait until we got back to get it. Oh well, I am so excited about my Birthday Blog. I can't wait! Love you, Jen