Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Perfect Peace

Good morning to all. Hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful Tuesday!

I've recently experienced a season of great confusion in my personal life. You would think by this stage of life, one would have a lot of things figured out. And you think you do, but then change takes place, doubt and confusion sets in, and you find you have lost your way.But thanks be to God, I've gotten my bearings.

How often have I placed all my trust, confidence and expectations in my husband, my children, my family, my job, my co workers, my church, my government etc. And often that expectation is too great, too heavy, too burdensome. The end
result becomes, disappointment, confusion, and a troubled spirit.

I've been put to the test recently on this subject. I did not score well. My Lord, in his infinite mercy and grace, will give me another chance. I will pass this time. I promise I will.

Perfect peace comes when when our expectation is in God and God alone.

"Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee". Isaiah 26:3

"My soul, wait thou only upon God, for my expectation is in Him." Psalm 62:5

Blessings, peace, and all that is good,
Memaw

No comments: