Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fifty-Six

I have fallen in love with the number fifty-six.

It's a great number and a great number of years to have been privileged to live here on this earth! I am thankful for and cherish each and every day that God has allowed me to live. I hope and pray to be granted many more years to enjoy.

I can remember a time when 50ish seemed very old. Now, not so much. Now, 90ish seems a little old. But... I have to tell you... I know a few 90 year olds. They wrote the book on strength, honor, faithfulness, and perseverance. They are no shrinking violets and are my role models, hero's if you will... God bless them.

So, I've only been fifty-six for about an hour and half now and I'm liking it I tell ya. I'm liking it very much.

Happy Birthday to moi'

~~~So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12~~~

11 comments:

Robbin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my Dear Friend. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to memaw!

Susan said...

Happy 56th birthday. Do you go by Debra or Debbie?
Susan

Debra said...

Hey Susan...mostly by Debra, but Debbie is ok too!

Thank all you early risers for the birithday wishes!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh happy birthday!!! is there cake?

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday, Memaw! Have a wonderful day celebrating.

Barbara said...

Happy 56th Birthday Debra and best wishes for your 90th!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mom!

j said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Me Maw
Happy Birthday to YOU!

You are a foxy looking 56! No wonder you don't mind it :) I hope that your day was lovely.

Saija said...

happy birthday! i'm glad to hear 56 sounds like a good number ... next week, and Lord willing, i will be stepping into the 55 number ... which used to sound old - and now it just sounds mature and comfortable!

blessings on your whole year! and thank you for the visit!

p.s. we also have streams in the desert in common - what a truly God inspired & blessed devotional!

Kanani said...

Well, I think 56 is a FINE number! Happy Birthday!