Wednesday, February 4, 2009
I was recently tagged by Brenda, over at It's All Good to answer this little interview meme.Wow! these were good questions and ones that I have had to think about some. So here goes!
1. You and one other person are dropped off on a deserted island for 1 week. Not including your spouse but someone you personally know, who would the other person be? There is really only one answer for this question and that one person that I know personally is Jesus. Yep, that's the one. Just give me Jesus! Sneaky thing about that is, with Jesus you also get God the Father and the Holy Spirit! Three yet one.
2. Who is your favorite woman in the Bible and why?Ok...if I have to pick just one and there are many...I will have to go with Mary, the mother of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. When I think of Mary, I always think of her in the context of motherhood and being at the foot of the cross that day. How she must have felt, the agony and pain of seeing her child be crucified. How her heart must have hurt. She was the only human being to have been with Jesus from birth to death, so that's very special to me.
And oh, that daughter-in-law of Naomi's, wasn't too shabby either, Ruth. "Entreat me not to leave thee nor to return from following after thee: For wither thou goest I will go and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: Thy people shall be my people and thy God, my God". Can anyone spell D-e-d-i-c-a-t-i-o-n?
3. If money and time weren't an issue, what would you consider your ideal vacation?Two weeks at Disney World (or anywhere for that matter) with the following people: Wallace, Jennifer, Bubba, Brock & Kellie, Brittney &...Juan (shhh...don't tell Bubba) Scott, Rachel, Isaiah, Hannah, Emma, Ben, Jaime,& Addyson. We have a very large old, 3 story , Victorian house, with all sorts of unusual rooms and beautiful views. We stay up as late as we want, fellowshipping and enjoying each others company with no thoughts of work, school, jobs or responsibilities. We play our special card games and I get to win...every time.LOL! Well it's my dream vacation, right?!!!
4. Out of the following 3 eras, which would you have enjoyed living in and why? Victorian, Pioneer, or Bible times (specify OT or NT).Bible times of course. NT Especially if I could have walked along the side of Jesus. Why? Just to be near Him.
5. As a cancer survivor (thank you Lord!), what would your biggest piece of advise be? On a practical level I would say be sure and obtain a copy of every single lab report, x-ray or pathology report and read it for yourself. Do this without fail. The best of doctors make mistakes and patients can get lost in the system.
Know that there is no such thing as "no hope". There is always hope.
***Enjoyed being interviewed...if any readers would like to participate, I understand that the following rules apply. Blessings ya'll!
Acknowledge the Interviewer with a link to their blog.
Invite your friends to participate by leaving "Interview Me" in their comment.
Answer the 5 questions.
Posted by Debra at 10:26 PM