Friday, March 6, 2009

Laminin: Praise The Lord For Laminin!!!

There's an old hymn we still sing often in our church that says "troublesome times are here filling men's hearts with fear".

We live in troubled times. All you have to do is turn on your TV, computer, or radio. Better yet just listen to your pastor in church on Sunday and they will all tell you the same thing, troublesome times are here. Maybe to stay, maybe not.

But...are we falling apart?

No. My faith and trust in God tells me no and recently I have learned that even molecular science confirms the fact that it is "The Cross" that holds us together!

It's all about Laminin.

Laminin is a little protein molecule. It is literally the glue that holds the human body together. This is fascinating news! How did I miss this in nursing school? If this is old news to some of you, please bear with me.

The above is a textbook diagram of Laminin showing its components. On the left you see an actual picture of it under a microscope.

How marvelous is it that the same molecule that holds our bodies together is the same shape as the cross of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!


Colossians 1:16-17 now comes to life! "16~For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him: 17~And He is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Wow! is all I can say.

A while back my oldest son over at Wayward Son Came Home posted on this subject and included a short snippet of video of Rev. Louie Giglio preaching on this. And well since he IS my son, I felt quite free to "borrow" from him. It's about an 8 minute video and about 3 minutes into it before he talks about Laminin, but it will be a blessing to you. I know it was to me.



The Cross...the glue that holds us together in these troublesome days.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Great post. I was totally blown away the first time I heard about Laminin. More and more Christ is making the Truth of Him real to the world and science is being used to proclaim the truth.
Susan

Art said...

That is extraordinarily interesting! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Louie Giglio is my favorite. And when I saw him preach one he spoke on this. I find it just as interesting as you do! Love you

Saija said...

is that ever neat! i never knew that!!!

blessings on your Sunday!

j said...

PRAISE GOD!! Every where we look we see confirmation of his creation, of His divine plan!!

"Jesus is coming soon
morning or night or noon
many will meet their doom
trumpets will sound..."

Love that song!

The_Gertster said...

We worry and fret over world events but what it all boils down to is God is Still on His throne! Jesus is still the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords!! We've read the last page of the BOOK, we know how this story will end,,,,,We have Victory! Praise The Lord!