Thursday, October 8, 2009

No Setting Sun
No More Night!
Each day I’ll do a golden deed,
By helping those who are in need;
My life on earth is but a span,
And so I’ll do the best I can.

Life’s evening sun is sinking low,
A few more days, and I must go
To meet the deeds that I have done,
Where there will be no setting sun.


I know it's fall but going through some pictures tonight, I came across these lovely pictures of sunsets I had taken while at Gulf Shores, Alabama a few years back. Stunning if I must say so myself!

While looking at them, that old hymn came to mind, to which I printed a couples of the stanza's above. No more night people...praise the Lord, no more night!


***And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. Revelations 21:25***


(Words by William Golden: From the song, "A Beautiful Life")
(Photos by Debra @ Gulf Shores, Alabama)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful pictures, words, and promises! I love you, MeMaw. As usual, your post has encouraged me in the exact way needed for today. I hope you have an excellent day.

j said...

I feel lifted up by this post! The photos and poem were perfect. God's promises are true.

I just had a phone call that bummed me out. I clicked over to your site and read this post and wow! My perspective is shifted. This world is not my home and the annoyances that I experience are SO temporary! Praise God!

Carol Murdock said...

LOVE this post! :)

Susan said...

Oh what a glorious day all we who know Him long for. Soon and very soon.
Susan

Rose said...

Beautiful sunsets. What a lovely post! Looking forward to no more nights! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos. Only our Divine Artist could create and paint such beautiful scenes for us. And that same God will be the Light that shines so brightly no sun will be needed.
Thank you for sharing.

Grayquill said...

He gives us hope in the darkest of times. Your posts are always a bright spot along the way.
Thanks

Travis Cody said...

I like that little poem. And the pictures are stunning. Nice combination of words and images.

Buttercup said...

Great post. Your photos are beautiful.

xinex said...

Gorgeous sunsets, Debra! Beautiful and uplifting!...Christine

Aliene said...

This is my first time to your blog.
I love the song. It encouraged me to keep on. Looking forward to that Perfect Day to meet my Savior face to face and the loved ones who have gone on ahead. Thanks for posting.

Donna said...

Hi, Debra,
Beautiful pics of the sunsets.

D