Monday, November 9, 2009

A LIFE


I always felt at home there.


She had one of these older homes, with wood siding, covered with beautiful Oak trees that hung heavily over the house and yard.


Scattered about in the yard, were chairs here and there, where one could always find a place to sit a spell...have a cup of coffee, laugh and talk a while.


Later on, she added a beautiful pond in her front yard with a bridge and a lovely gazebo right in the middle.


But mostly it was her laughter I remember the most.


She was so easy to talk to and relate to. She always made you feel at home. Comfortable.


And she loved her family, dearly.


Her name was Jennie and she fell asleep in the arms of Jesus, sometime early Friday morning, November sixth.


She was mother to the sweetest and most beautiful ex sister in law a person could possibly have.


I love you Re Re


Our loss is heaven's gain.






~~~For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.Phil 1:21~~~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your blog about Re Re was very touching. I must also tell you how beautiful I think your blog is. I love the graphics that I've seen. I'm new to blogging and have a lot to learn. I will visit often.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Debra: I'm so sorry. I'm beginning to feel like there is a real crowd up there now, waiting for the day we join them. That is our comfort and our great hope! I know you will miss her.
Blessings today, and prayers for you and your family.

Debra@CommonGround said...

What a lovely tribute, Debra. I'm praying for her family and the safety of you all as you head to the coast.
From another Debra

Anonymous said...

What wonderful testimony of Jennie's impact on your life. Oh that we'd each leave a legacy like that!
May God draw others to Himself through her passing, and may His Comforter bring peace to all your hearts.
Deb

Rose said...

What a beautiful story. I feel as though I know her too! I am so sorry for you loss, but what wonderful memories you have of her.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Rose

Maxine said...

Oh, Debra, how beautiful. You made me teary. The Lord be with you and with the family of this dear sister.

Travis Cody said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I have now heard of 4 people dying in the past week, 2 of those who passed were younger then 30. How sad but yes, God and heaven are now where she is!!!
hugs,
jamie

j said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for your ex sister in law as she mourns the death of her mother.

Buttercup said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.