Monday, October 20, 2014

How Did It Get So Late So Soon? 
 
 
My husband and I at Grand Canyon National Park. This month(October 2014) we will have been together 47 years since we first met. I am amazed at God's greatness and His faithfulness!

 
 
Will someone please tell me where 2014 went?  And for that matter I would like to know where the last 30 years went!  No, I don't have Alzheimer's (yet).
 
In recent days I have given much thought to the brevity of life. We are all here for such a tiny, tiny span of time. It seems like just yesterday that I was a kid.  It was yesterday that I was a new bride.  Yesterday that my children were small.  There are days (not many mind you) that I want my babies back.  Now my babies have children and grandchildren of their own.  How is that possible?  Where did all that  time go?
 
 

"How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon.  December is here before its June.  My goodness how the time has flewn.  How did it get so late so soon?" ~~Dr. Seuss~~
 
Psalm 103
14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

1 comment:

Forsythia said...

This is the time of life when we finally realize that we aren't going to live forever, so we must welcome and value every day.