Saturday, November 8, 2014

TRAINS


 
If I were to ever to write a book the opening scene would involve the main character on a very long train ride. At night. And the  rhythm of the clickety-clack, clickety-clack would be exceedingly hypnotizing.
 
At some point--perhaps at the onset of my "Golden Years"--I fell in love with trains. I've known of many men that have this fascination and I've visited many of their blogs.  I just don't recall reading about many ladies with this interest.  Why I got to always be weird I don't know.
 
A long time ago my husband was going through a difficult time at work.  I advised him that he needed to just take a mental vacation to relieve the stress. Just take a trip somewhere in his head.
 
So, this morning, having just got off of work, I shared with him my woes at work.  It seems the moon has been full forever. This morning driving home I actually howled at it to just please go away! Full moons really affect the mood of my unit.  I ordinarily like to run a very tight ship. But it's more like a ship without a sail when the moon is full...without a sail and a whole lotta cray cray. But I digress.
 
So, I was sharing my woes and he advises me I just need to go lay down and take a mental vacation.
 
And that is just what I will do.
 
I'm on a very long train ride. At night. And the  rhythm of the clickety-clack, clickety-clack is exceedingly hypnotizing. Clickety- clack, clickety-clack, don't come back...
 
I feel better already... 
 
 
  

No comments: