Thursday, July 3, 2008

Me & My Mouth

So ok now, two post in two days I think is a record for me. Especially considering the fact that I have been in constant pain.

It all started with this one tooth. The filling fell out. Had a trip planned to Washington DC so I just got some antibotics to hold me over till I could get back. It hurt the entire time, but made it ok with Ora Jel and Motrin. Got it pulled upon getting back and thought my troubles were over.

But oh no! Developed a "dry Socket". Hence,hurt, pain, and daily visits to the dentist for packings. Finally after about two weeks it has started to heal. So I'm good to go right?

Nope, another jaw tooth, cracked, crumbled and began to slice my tongue. Off to the dentist yesterday to get it pulled. But no he can't pull it. I now need an oral surgeon to take it out. The dentist yesterday at least was able to "grind" it down in order to save my tougue.

So it's off to the oral surgeon today for a consultation. I don't know why I have to consult when it is evident the tooth will have to be pulled, but I am at my wits end now, so I'll do what I'm told. At this point I would let a homeless street person pull the thing out!

The bible tells us in Eccl 3 there is a season and a purpose for all things. A time to laugh and a time to cry, verse 6 says "a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away".

Guess it's just my time to cast away a few teeth!

Blessings, Peace, All good
Memaw