Sunday, August 31, 2008

Storm Warning


Once again here we are. It's Sunday and a monster is in the Gulf of Mexico. It has been almost 3 years to the exact day that Hurricane Katrina visited us. We are being told repeatedly to prepare, to get ready, to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I've done my best. I have beanie weenies and six cans of vienna sausages in my cabinet. Our gas tanks are filled and I have plenty of cash on hand. Don't matter...tomorrow I will go to the hospital and clock in as usual, if I don't have to move trees to get there that is.

It is difficult to describe what it is like here. Traffic all going one way on the interstates, people already looking for water, food and gas. You can just feel a perceptible panic beginning to set in with people. Everyone wondering will it be like Katrina? Will we be ok? What about my house, my boat? What about my dog, my cat?

This may be my last time to post for awhile. After Katrina the power was out for two and a half weeks! I will miss air conditioning, I will miss having lights and I will miss having my refrigerator, but I will miss my computer the most.

But I am ready. I have my Jesus, I have my bible. I have my "Hinds Feet on High Places" book...

And I have my 6 cans of vienna sausages...

So bring it on Goo Stuff (Gustav), bring it on.

"the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet."Nahum 1:3

Blessings of peace and all that is good,
Memaw

1 comment:

Robbin said...

Prayers and good thoughts to you and check in as soon as you can so we'll know you are ok.