Sunday, September 14, 2008

Puttin' On My Dancin' Shoes

I've a new companion lately. I did not ask for her company, but apparently God has seen fit that I should be in her presence, "Pain".

Pain lessons from long ago.

I danced on Friday when the sky turned black
Oh, it's hard to dance with the devil on your back
They buried My body and they thought I'd gone
But I am the dance and the dance goes on
Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the Lord of the dance, said He
And I will lead you all wherever you may be
I'll lead you all in the dance, said He
(Sydney Carter)


THERE IS NO BOX
MADE BY GOD
NOR US

BUT THAT THE SIDES CAN BE FLATTENED OUT
AND THE TOP BLOWN OFF
TO MAKE A DANCE FLOOR
ON WHICH TO CELEBRATE LIFE
(Kenneth Caraway)

Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: (Psalms30:11)

"THE ONLY CURE FOR SUFFERING IS TO FACE IT HEAD ON, GRASP IT AROUND THE NECK, AND USE IT." (Mary Craig)

Quotes taken from a favorite book; You Gotta Keep Dancin/Tim Hansel

Blessings, peace, all good
Memaw

No comments: